Easyspace are one of the few web hosting companies that own, operate and support their own data centres & network.
- 2x independent power
- 24x7 Monitoring
- Tier 1 Carriers
- Onsite support engineers
- UPS power backup
- 24x7 Manned Security
Every product bought through Easyspace is housed within one of our 10 self-owned UK data centres. Below is an outline of the capability of those data centres as well as an overview of the network that connects them.
One of the key reasons to consider Easyspace is the simple fact that we own and manage our very own data centres. Unlike other hosting companies, we do not rely on middlemen or 3rd party centres to provide the core components required for a robust and resilient network.
Covering 3,500m² of data centre technology, our data centres are fully powered, resilient, secure and each includes features such as 24hr security (manned, CCTV and intruder alarms), dual independent power feeds backed up with UPS, diverse fibre routing via multiple carriers, Dual zone fire detection & suppression system and more.
- 24 x 7 x 365 Manned Security & Monitoring
- Smart Card access policies
- Internal and External CCTV systems
- Security breach alarms
Stable Environmental Conditions
- 24 x 7 environmental monitoring systems
- Constant evaluation and testing of all systems
- N+1 redundant Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) system
- Fully redundant air handling units provide constant fresh airflow
- Raychem Fluid Detection
- FM200 fire suppression equipment
- Dual independent power feeds
- Backed up by dual battery string Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) systems
- 2 Megawatt diesel generators - protect services from any single power failure
- Diverse fibre routing via multiple carriers
- Truncated internal cable network
- ODF/DDF (Optical Distribution Frame/Digital Distribution Frame) bandwidth
- Cross Connection to a number of Tier 1 carriers
- Internal inventory systems track all cables, circuits and cross-connects
- Scalable architecture including multiple redundant core switches and routers
Technical Support & Services
- On site technical engineers 24 x 7
- All technicians are employed directly by Easyspace
- Centre Network Operations Centre (NOC) connected to central operations centre
The Easyspace Network
TThe Easyspace network infrastructure is built around the 10 UK data centres (located in Glasgow, London, Maidenhead, Manchester, Nottingham and Leicester) owned and managed by the company. Owning and managing these data centres allows Easyspace to guarantee high levels of resilience and uptime, not to mention the flexibility of creating its own network as it sees fit (rather than relying on 3rd party data centre setup).
The data centres are linked via 1GB per second (Gbps) fibre ring and all exchange hardware required to keep it running is housed in purpose built storage on each site. The network hub of each data centre includes Cisco switching, dual power supplies and a range of fabric enabled line cards, supporting both fibre and copper gigabit connections.
All network, transit links and servers are monitored continually by our automatic systems, meaning that should any issue arise, it is found and fixed quickly.
This resilience and security allows Easyspace to offer high levels of uptime on all of its dedicated servers.