What is a Phishing email?
Phishing is when attackers attempt to trick users into doing ‘the wrong thing’, such as clicking a bad link in an email that will download malware or direct them to a fake website.
The senders of these emails want to de-fraud you, either by asking you for details or by running malware on your device to harvest details.
How to spot an email is a Phishing email?
- Do you have a relationship or account with the company sending the email?
- Does the FROM email address look like the company in question?
- Where you expecting the email?
- Are the grammar and spelling correct?
- Does it also contain poorly named attachments?
How can I identify an email from Easyspace?
Easyspace will only ever send an email from an Easyspace.com email address or our parent group iomart.com.
Your first point of call should be to check the senders email address. Ensure it says @easyspace.com or @iomart.com in the @ part of the FROM email address.
A list of common email addresses we send from – (note the bit after the @ symbol!)
There are more email addresses we use, but as above please be mindful of the part after the @ sign.
What do I do if I have received a Phishing email relating to Easyspace?
Let us know, we are always around on LiveChat or contact us from the about us section of Easyspace.com.
What do I do if I’ve clicked on a Phishing email?
It happens! The best thing to do is run an anti-malware scan on your device.
What do I do if I’ve clicked on a Phishing email – and passed over details or an attachment?
It also happens! Try not to fret, but follow this process as soon as possible.
Before performing any action ensure the website address is one we use at easyspace.com, these include;
- Run an anti-malware scan.
- https://www.malwarebytes.com/ is a free application you can run.
- Change your passwords (only after running a scan).
- Notify the authorities –
- Let us know if it’s related to Easyspace. We will try and help you and other customers to be more vigilant.
Please try to be vigilant and safe online.
All the best,
The Easyspace team.