If you are new to domain names, domain investing and “domaining” and would like to learn more about it, and how you can profit from domain names, then below you will find ten popular domain blogs that we recommend you should checkout:
1. http://www.elliotsblog.com/ – Written by Elliot J. Silver, an Internet entrepreneur and professional domain investor. Elliot has spoken on a number of conference panels and has been cited as a domain industry expert in a variety of publications.
2. http://www.ricksblog.com/ – Rick Schwartz, aka “Domain King” and “Webfather”, is the CEO, President and Cofounder of T.R.A.F.F.I.C., the premiere domain conference for the domain industry. As one of the early domain pioneers dating back to 1995, Rick has a knack for predicting big trends and getting it right. He may have been the first to recognize the value of “Type in” traffic which is now commonly referred to as “direct navigation” – the most potent and targeted traffic on the net. Rick has a prime portfolio of one and two word domains, and is considered by many to be among the leading experts on domain names, traffic, website flow and valuation.
3. http://www.domainsherpa.com/ – Michael Cyger, the publisher of DomainSherpa. bought his first domain name when he was 29, building a website that grew into an award-winning business-to-business media company with more than 600,000 unique monthly readers. Eight years later he sold it for millions. Today, he’s focused on helping entrepreneurs and investors build wealth with domain names. If he doesn’t have an answer to your domain name question, he’ll find an expert – a “sherpa” – who does.
4. http://domainnamesales.com/sevenmile/ (The Official Frank Schilling Blog) – Universally recognized as one of the most successful domain investors of all time. Frank is also one of the largest generic domain-name investors in the world.
5. http://domainnamewire.com – Domain Name Wire is a news source for the domain name industry written by industry experts and edited by Andrew Allemann. Topics are relevant for domain name owners, intellectual property attorneys, trademark lawyers, domain registrars, domain services companies and anyone interested in the domain name industry.
6. http://www.hybriddomainer.com/ – Regularly updated with useful posts on domain names and general online marketing, as well as spotlights on various daily auctions.
7. http://www.thedomains.com/ – Industry news site publishing up-to-date content created by domain name experts. Since its launch in 2007 the site has become the leading source for domain information and discussion. Written by Michael Berkens, with his legal background he is well placed to help explain the legal rights domain name investors have.
8. http://morganlinton.com/ – An excellent blog for beginners to domain investing. Morgan frequently offers proven tips which will help you get started as a “domainer”.
9. http://domainshane.com/ – Founded in 2009 this is a blog that talks about domains from the views of normal working guys. They may have day jobs but they make full time profits buying and selling names and building sites.
10. http://www.dnjournal.com/ – ‘The Domain Industry New Magazine’, packed full of profiles of many leading figures in domaining. Lots of excellent, in-depth articles to help and inspire you.